1. “Dynamite in Europe” is a documentary book. It contains fragments from the life of evangelist James Stewart who lived in the middle of XX century. We can divide the book into two parts: the first tell us about James’ difficult childhood and adoles-cence, the second – about his life, as devoted servant of God.
2. The main characters are James Stewart, his wife Ruth and the author. But of cource there are some characters, who become the main in specific chapters. IIt is for example “heretic” Jan Huss, minister Aladar Szabo, president of Czechoslovakia Masaryk and others. The book contains interesting and some times amazing facts of their lives and deeds; about a heritage they left us.
3. An action takes place in very different places of Central and Eastern Europe. “Dynamite in Europe” tell us about the great work of Holy Spirit, through a simple man – James Stewart – in Czechoslovakia, the land of Moravia, Hungary, Germany, Poland, Carpatho-Ruthenia, Yugoslavia, Latvia aand Ukraine. So action is moving from one place to another quite often.
4. The book accounts the time during World War II, when the land where James Stewart was preaching, were occupy by Nazi forces. “Dynamite in Europe” very picturesque ddescribe the situation of that period of time. There are a lot of pictures that show a hard life of people during the war, violence and compulsion of Nazis.
5. The main idea that I had noticed before and that lasted till the end is that God is not dead. He is alive and He can live in our hearts and express Himself very strongly through us by doing great things. But only if we want Him to do it.
6. I think this book is interesting for two kinds of people: a) who is interested in history, amazing facts of it; b) who is interested in spiritual life. This book is a great encouragement for everybody who believes in God, who fill the ppower of Holy Spirit in daily life, have Jesus in his heart or want to have all this things. I choose “Dynamite in Europe” for reading not only because of attractive title, but because I was looking for something unusual, differ from our daily life, – and I find it here.
1. Swarm – masė, burtis;
2. Winsome – patrauklus;
3. Distinctly – aiškiai;
4. Bitterness – kartumas;
5. Exaggerate – perdėti;
6. Stipulation – sąlyga, susitarimas;
7. Prodigal – švaistūnas, palaidūnas;
8. Barefoot – basas;
9. Solemn – iškilmingas;
10. Rustic – paprastas, kaimietiškas;
11. Mob – minia, prastuomenė;
12. Cobble – ggrįsti apvaliais arba tašytais akmenimis;
13. Stanza – strofa;
14. Hollow – drevėtas, tuščiaviduris;
15. Adamant – nepalenkiamas, tvirtas;
16. Slummy – apnykęs, lūšnų (apie rajoną);
17. Vanity – tuštybė;
18. Purchase – įsigyti ką nors brangia kaina;
19. Noddle – galva, makaulė;
20. Exquisite – aštrus (apie skausmą);<...
Holiday Holiday is a wonderful time for meeting other cultures , improving relations with family , friends and having fun . First of all , on you can going abroad . E.g the Pyramids , Eife...·
LONDON is the place where the historic past and the vibrant present come alive. A blend of history, ground-breaking architecture and culture has created an amazing and constantly evolving ci...·
9. If guest comes from any European country, I first of all will show my native town with its wonderful nature, museums, the river Šventoji and lakes. Lithuania is a small country at the B...·
Money is certainly something which is often discussed in today’s world. Hardly a day goes by without the subject of being raised in most people’s lives. However it is highly debatable wh...·
Slenderise yourself taking less fat. Eat more carbohydrates and stay bouncy and in high spirits. White of the egg vitalizes the use of energy. Too much white of the egg overloads the kidneys....·