Means of communication
A few centuries ago people knew only a few kinds of communication. They could speak to each other, they could send their message from one place to another by smoke signals, they used mail. Later on, they also had some newspapers. The first expansion of media was when the radio and television were invented. The second and the biggest boom started in 1960s when the first communication satellite was launched into orbit.
There are 4 main media: Newspapers, TV, RRadio and the Internet. Today’s people take this as an ordinary thing and we don’t realise that we nearly can’t live without it. Media are very important for us. They give us big amount of information, so big that we can’t remember all that things. They help us to understand things and if you have lots of information you are able to make your own decisions. This is connected with education and media are very good teachers. They highly influence uus. They can help other people – making charities. News aren’t always true, they are not objective or says just half true.
Our world is very huge and sending a message from America to Asia a hundred years ago was nearly iimpossible or it took a lot of time. Nowadays you can send the message in a few seconds and it is very simple. The media makes the world much smaller – particularly the TV and the Internet. When you turn on the TV or a computer you can see whole world like it would be in the next village. You can learn the culture and habits of other nationalities, you can see what they are doing right now. The world is also called ‘the global community village’.
There are not only good things about media. Firstly there are always some information that are not true. We have to be careful about it but when you listen to media for a long ttime you can find some companies which are nearly always true. Secondly there is a danger of being influenced in the bad way (lot of pornography on the Internet, lot of action films in TV. Thirdly – if you are a famous person the media very often take very big piece of your privacy.
Newspapers are the oldest kind of communication but we can say that they are today quite old-fashioned. They are not flexible because when something happens you can’t rread about it until the next day. You can read some newspapers on the Internet too. Newspapers still have their own magic. People are weary of looking in a box and it is very nice to buy newspapers, have a cup of coffee and a breakfast in the garden. Nobody is disturbing you. Everything is calm. It’s like magic.
3 main kinds of newspaper:
– – Broad sheets (a quality newspaper)
– – very big pages, hardly any colour pages, not too much photos, more difficult language, it focuses on some topic – more details and facts, longer articles, more tidy-looking, nearly about everything (policy, culture, money.)
– – people who read it are businessmen, people with higher education, people who don’t like blabs (kecy)
– – The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, MF, Lidové noviny, Svoboda
– – Tabloids
– – smaller pages, dramatic headlines, lots of colour pages, plenty of photos, short articles, human interests stories and sensations, simple language, many blabs
– – they more popular than broad sheets, in GB the circulation is about 3 mil per day, it is read by all society ranks
– – The Sun, The Mirror, Blesk, Hrom (both are shits)
– – Special interests magazines
– – they are issued weekly or monthly, they intent on special things (gardening, computers, food.)
– – they aare much more expensive than daily newspapers but they are printed in better paper, you should be more educated in a special things to understand it
Radio is the second oldest kind of media. Although we nowadays have TV radio is still very popular. It has lots of advantages:
– – you can take it nearly where you want (very popular in a car)
– – because it is mostly used for listening to music it is very good for relaxing – just to lie down and listen to it (watching TV became tiring)
– – it is very often used for a background sound; it can notify about events quicker than a TV
– – at present the radio is very well developed so if you have a good receiver you are able to choose which kind of programs you like to listen to (PTY)
– – you can also notify people about traffic jams and other events but not is spoken way but in words (RDS)
People have different characters and interests, so their communication and relationship are different. Persons character influences relationship between two individuals. Relationships in a f...·
INTRODUCTION Public services is a term usually used to mean services provided by government to its citizens, either directly (through the public sector) or by financing private provision of s...·
The oldest Vilnius gardens and parks Let us briefly overview historical development of the major Vilnius historical green spaces and their complexes starting from the very oldest ones. Today...·
I’m going to speak about person which coherent with movies. First of all I want to say that my favourite sort of movie is a comedy. So I want to tell about one of the most famous and popu...·
While sport has value in everyone’s life, it is even more important in the life of a person with a disability. This is because of the rehabilitative influence sport can have not only on the...·