People around the globe are more connected to each other than ever before. Information and money flow more quickly than ever. Goods and services produced in one part of the world are increasingly available in all parts of the world. International travel is more frequent. International communication is commonplace. This phenomenon has been titled „globalization.“ „The Era of Globalization“ is fast becoming the preferred term for describing the current times. Just as the Depression, the Cold War Era, the Space AAge, and the Roaring 20’s are used to describe particular periods of history; globalization describes the political, economic, and cultural atmosphere of today. While some people think of globalization as primarily a synonym for global business, it is much more than that. The same forces that allow businesses to operate as if national borders did not exist also allow social activists, labor organizers, journalists, academics, and many others to work on a global stage.
Globalization happens to be the modern sstage of civilization maturing. It means expanding of international relations, economic co-operation of countries, implementation of new technologies, common standards of life, homogeneous mass culture and ideologies. Motive forces of this process there are the usual human needs, such as lleadership, greed, imitation, curiosity characteristic also for countries and transnational corporations.
Like in everything, there are some pluses and minuses in the globalization.
1. The world economic system, provided with plenty of international agreements, promotes exchange of goods and capital between countries and accelerates the maturing of poor countries.
2. The same is true about science and technique: trade, communication systems, transnational corporations, patents, Internet distribute modern technologies throughout the world.
3. The same processes affect politics: all countries are inclined to democracy and civil rights. Though it is not always true but the tendency is sure to exist.
4. UN is happened to be a consolidating force. It renders and coordinates the humanitarian aid, influences (together with the European BBank for Reconstruction and Development) the development processes in emerging markets and poor countries.
5. The countries with similar economic systems and ideologies strive for deep integration. (EC).
6. There considerably increased the international migration. Scientists look for better research conditions, sportsmen and artists – for money and fame and the poor and unemployed people look for work and earnings.
7. Culture and sport. There observed throughout the world the distribution of news, pop-music, Hollywood films, fashion, English language, educational sstandards and Internet. Development of the international tourism and business trips grows very fast.
8. Ecology intends to become ...
1. PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION I am …. ……, I am from Kaunas, my address is Baltijos seventy-nine, flat nine, I was born on the …..th of …… in Kaunas, thus I am nineteen now. I am male...·
Personality What is ? Personality is defined as a ingrained and relatively enduring patterns of thoughts, feeling and behavior. How can anybody be certain how his or her i...·
DISTANT ENCOUNTERS The Internet is fast becoming the contact medium for the new millennium. Although sitting in front of a computer seems a particularly lonesome pursuit, the truth is that t...·
In the early part of the seventeenth century English settlers began to bring their language to America, and another series of changes began to take place. The settlers borrowed words from In...·
Untitled 1.Witch of the areas of study are of interest to you?2. What subjects are important for your chosen profession? Are you taking exams in them?3. What personal qualities are essential...·